Starting with the v5.0 series, custom textures are handled via scripted appliers, which enable safe reselling of custom textures as well as easy trading of texture setups. While using these, here are a few general things to take note of.
- First of all, you need to rez an applier copy inworld to set it up
- Appliers only operate on worn bits
- Appliers operate on all worn bits of a compatible type, so for example all penises being worn currently, keep that in mind
- You are allowed to transfer/sell the appliers if you make custom textures
- Textures should automatically show up once the applier has been clicked. If not, toggle through states and they should update
- You may change the name and description of the applier. When the texture config script is saved, the hovertext will update to reflect these changes
- Custom textures are loaded on top of default textures
- If you want to remove custom textures - recommended when changing the applier configuration to ensure changes show up - enter "/5 clearcustomtex" into chat
The breasts support multiple options as far as applying textures.
The variable "sMode" determines which layer the texture is put on.
You can apply textures to four different parts:
- BREASTS_SKIN - applies a texture on the skin layer
- BREASTS_BRA - applies a texture on the bra/cumcover layer
- BREASTS_TOP - applies a texture to the clothing layer
- BREASTS_NIPPLES - applies a texture on the nipple prims
There are two compatible texture types you can use. One is simply the torso texture of the SL avatar skin, the other would be a cropped version of said skin, using the upper left quadrant.
- To use an avatar skin, either set the second parameter to TRUE, or replace it with <0.5, 0.5, 0>, <-0.25, 0.25. 0> if you want to tweak the texture offsets more closely
- To use the cropped option, use FALSE as second parameter or use <1.0, 1.0, 0>, <0, 0, 0>
Example: Using an avatar skin as breasts texture
sMode = "BREASTS_SKIN";lData = ["UUID_HERE", TRUE];
Example: Using an avatar skin as breasts texture, alternative
sMode = "BREASTS_SKIN";lData = ["UUID_HERE", <0.5, 0.5, 0>, <-0.25, 0.25. 0>];
Example: Using an avatar skin layout on the clothes layer
sMode = "BREASTS_TOP";lData = ["UUID_HERE", TRUE];